WATER,SANITATION AND HYGIENE INSTITUTE ( WASH Institute)
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (WASH Institute) established during the year 2008, is a registered non-profit government technical, training, research and development organization dedicated to providing practical solutions to tackle a wide range of water, sanitation and hygiene issues in India. Headquartered in Kodaikanal (Tamil Nadu), WASH Institute was granted the status of National Key Resource Centre by the then Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS), now Ministry of Jal Shakti, Govt. of India in the year 2010. WASH Institute operates from different branch offices that are in ReddiarChatram, Chennai, Madurai and Thiruppullani (Tamil Nadu), Munger (Bihar), Bhadrachalam (Telangana), Noida and Saharanpur (Uttar Pradesh), Malur (Karnataka), Anaparthy (Andhra Pradesh), Hindaun (Rajasthan) and New Delhi. WASH Institute also have an academic wing that conducts formal courses at Reddiarchatram, Tamil Nadu in affiliation with the Madurai Kamaraj University. The Institute has also a proven track record of organizing National Workshops/conferences on various themes of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. WASH Institute India is looking to recruit motivated personnel to share the vision of WASH Institute – “a world where all the communities have access to safe, protected and sustainable drinking water and sanitation services, with improved hygiene practices”.
Job Description :
Name of the position
No. of positions
ReddiarChatram, Dindigul District, Tamil Nadu. The role may require travel to other project locations based on need.
· M.Tech/ PhD in Environmental Engineering (or) M.Sc/PhD in Environmental Sciences
· At least 5 Years teaching experience of graduate or post graduate courses
· Desirable- Experience of research or work experience in water, sanitation and hygiene including Fecal Sludge and Septage Management (FSSM)
The Teaching staff will lead the academic program initiatives under the project and carry out the following roles and responsibilities and also responsible for overall operation and management of Formal Course Centre of WASH Institute (not limited to):
· Design various postgraduate diploma and certificate courses for subjects related to water and sanitation as per the project requirements.
· Coordination with subject experts, faculty members and external stakeholders in compiling and preparing the syllabus and content for the courses.
· Conduct classes for trainees/participants as and when required
· Deliver trainings online and at other project locations on subjects related to water and sanitation
· Coordinate with University in getting relevant approvals and affiliations related to the proposed courses.
· Responsible for high quality and effective delivery of the courses
· Coordinate with Private sector and Government agencies in facilitating placement of the students who successfully complete the course requirements.
· Deliver the course and also assist other faculty members in effective delivery
· Review the course content, delivery methods and advise the faculty and project teams on necessary modifications to meet industry requirements.
· Conduct review of the project as per monitoring, learning and evaluation requirements and recommend methods to effectively achieve project goals.
· Oversee the project finances and generate monthly and quarterly updates to the management and donor as per project requirements.
· Ensure compliance during the course delivery as per policies laid out by WASHI, Donor, University and any other key stakeholder.
· Upskilling the support staff at the Institute on subject matters and project management.
· Appraise the management on requirements as per the University guidelines and oversee its implementation on timely basis
· Contribute and oversee the research activities undertaken at the Institute.
· Support the project team in any other functions as and when required
Sound knowledge of speaking, reading and writing in Tamil and English is essential.
The Annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with the available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
How to Apply
Please submit your recent curriculum vitae, including up to a 250 words summary explaining why you think you are suitable for this position.
The last date to submit application is 11th December, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. When e-mailing, please mention the post and location in the “subject” line.
This opening is reserved for women only and therefore others refrain from applying.
Application Deadline: 11/12/2020