Qualification:Bachelor’s in engineering or equivalent
Project Planning & Setup:
- Plan for hardware and the software requirements and submit it to supervisor for review.
- Assist customer in identifying hardware/software requirements.
- Set up system for evaluation during requirements stage(depending on the type of project: implementation/ support/ transformation).
- Conduct discussions with different stakeholders to finalize test objectives.
- Verify system build, test environment and iteration test plan.
Requirements Understanding and Analysis:
- Analyze and validate the system and infrastructure requirements.
- Determine the infrastructure required for application deployment.
- Conduct sizing based on the inputs during requirement gathering (hardware configuration).
- Identify any prerequisites and dependencies for application.
- Prepare a master list for installation.
- Map all functional requirements to technical requirement.
- Prepare high level infrastructure requirement.
- For support projects, understand the customer landscape.
- Evaluate if Cognizant has sufficient capabilities to support the project.
- Evaluate customer demographics and prepare analysis reports.
Design & Implementation:
- Define technical solution by understanding various functional and non functional requirements.
- Create system architecture (scalability, availability).
- Explore and evaluate multiple design options.
- Share design and obtain buy in from various stakeholders.
- Develop the design for disaster recovery plan.
- Validate the application design.
- Design, develop and finalize the security strategy.
- Perform a data management strategy (such as when customer wants to go for archiving).
- Develop deployment plan (production, quality).
- Initiate the build for development after the design is finalized.
- Define any deployment required as prebuild system.
- Plan for system maintenance strategy like monitoring, configure clean up activities.
- Define standard operating guidelines.
- Define the roles from a security perspective.
- Adopt best practices.
- Build system for QA.
- Build application environment for testing.
- Create roles as per specification and ensure alignment to SOX requirements.
- Review test results and provide technical inputs from a system administration perspective.
- Transition roles from development to QA environment.
- Make any role corrections if required.
- Follow up with development team for rework on code defects and close the same.
Project Closure Activities:
- Conduct activities related to system administration during configuration which are requested by clients.
- Create build for production system.
- Liaise with technical lead (development) and deploy system architecture in production system.
- Develop SOPs.
- Post final acceptance, create all documentation.
- Participate in handover to AVM team.
- Provide support for agreed number of overlap days.
- Provide any support required on defects identified.
- Develop SOPs for security procedures.
- Maintain all audit related requirements.
Ongoing System Administration:
- Define KPIs/SLAs.
- Define alert systems and guide team to implement them.
- Create back up and recovery plans.
- Monitor adherence of system maintenance activities and resolve escalations.
- Conduct RCA of issues.
- Develop report on service level availability of the system and capacity utilization.
- Monitor security audit log and take necessary actions.
- Manage identity management experience.
- Conduct security risk assessment.
- Ensure business continuity is maintained.
- Seek feedback on security experience and take actions to ensure compliance is maintained.
- Optimize system performance.
- Proactively analyze and resolve performance bottlenecks.
- Identify end use/applications performance problems and determine optimal performance settings.
- Support relevant teams in resolution of application performance problems.
- Provide support in presales activities by providing inputs during proposal development from a system perspective.
- Provide inputs for estimation of sizing, infrastructure cost etc.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to create RFP responses.
- Participate in seminars /conferences.
- Provide assistance in selection of representative employee groups for training.
- Conduct training with the help of academy.
- Mentor team members in project teams with respect to technical skills on projects.
- Conduct technical, face to face interviews with candidates and support recruitment process.
- Coordinate with the supervisor in understanding how administrators can better contribute to the project, seek feedback and address concerns.
- Provide inputs during performance appraisal of administrators.
Must Have Skills
- SAP ECC/ERP/R3
- SAP Archiving
- ABAP Authorization
- Order to Cash Order Management
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Oct 13 2020
About Cognizant : Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at http://www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.