About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Manage account reconciliation activities covering;
- Nostro account reconciliations
- Internal/ GL account (suspense and sundry) reconciliations,
- Trade/Stock and Position reconciliations,
- Credit Card, ATM, retail branch banking reconciliations
- Perform error free reconciliation as per procedures (DOI) / Reconciliation Policy using reports from various transaction processing and recon applications.
- (Prior experience of working with TLM (Transaction Lifecycle Management) or any automated reconciliation platform preferred)
- Handle customer queries and correspondence (both internal and external) and maintain effective working relationships with all departments, country and internal stakeholders including technology teams.
- Ensure effective follow ups and escalations, both internal and external, in resolving outstanding reconciliation items, process and system issues, as per agreed SLA / reconciliation matrix, DOIs. Ability to differentiate escalations to various senior levels depending on the nature and impact of an issue/open reconciliation break with clear articulation of the requirement and attention from them is a must.
- Actively look for opportunities to standardize processes / automate / eliminate non value added activities and implement them for process improvements.
- Liaise extensively with a wide set of senior stakeholders, get required support to resolve long outstanding reconciliation open items and get buy –in to implement process / system changes
- Continuously improve team productivity to the standards prescribed
- Consistent review on process cycle times and ensure effective and efficient service delivery.
- Work to reduce System Downtime in collaboration with technology teams
- Create sufficient back-ups for each process to eliminate key staff risk at any point of time.
- Identify and drive opportunities for inward migration of newer activities and ensure relevant documentations are completed within the timelines
- Manage budgeting for the unit and have detailed knowledge of the unit financials – effectively control spends and deliver on cost targets
- Drive high engagement levels in the teams with minimal attrition.
- Drive training to teams and ensure they have thorough understanding of the underlying product, recon process and its impact before handling a new process
- Implement robust training and development plan for each staff keeping succession planning for various roles into consideration.
- Understand the end to end impact of any new change/enhancement initiative, train teams and ensure the change is incorporated in a seamless way with no service impact
- Perform end-to-end analysis of reconciliation processes and controls and propose solutions for addressing gaps, from a reconciliation perspective.
- Perform root-cause analysis of reconciliation errors and issues with clearly articulated mitigation plans.
- Follow up on risks with both internal teams and external stakeholders for timely closure without becoming overdue and promptly update actions to risk teams ahead of target timelines
- Liaise extensively with the product and technology teams to understand the product nuances and associated regulations to recommend required reconciliation controls and processes
- Familiarize with Group Operational Risk, Group Money Laundering Prevention and other Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable.
- Uphold the values of the Group and Company at all times.
- Comply with all applicable rules / regulations and Company & Group Policies.
- Ensure adherence to all SLAs and proper updation of all logs such as TAT, system downtime, errors and exceptions log.
- Carry out BCP tests, continually review and upgrade effectiveness of contingency measures
- Drive Department & Group related projects to completion on time.
• Expert knowledge of accounting , finance, underlying product operations
• Strong English communication skills – both written and oral
• Knowledge of TLM / similar reconciliation application preferred
• An analytical, risk based approach with good team ethics and ability to independently manage senior and cross functional set of stakeholders including Product, Operations and Technology teams across multiple countries
• Strong people management skills with prior experience in handling large teams
• Strong financial management skills including budgeting, cost management and cost reviews.
• Ability to work under pressure, work with alternatives when hit with road blocks, quickly recover from set-back in timelines and deliver results on target.
• Provide inputs for drawing down policies / Procedures and ensure appropriate adherence
• Responsible for leading & motivating a team of team members with accountability on all Service Delivery parameters.
• Stakeholder management and regular reviews with stakeholders• Drive High performance team to achieve organizational goals
• Regular reviews with team members and set high performance standard
• Ensures seamless delivery of services against specified standards by the customer.• Strategic planning & Business continuity Qualification
- Graduates/ Post graduates
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.