Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Product Operations Associate to join our Platform Operations team within our Product Operations division. Your job will be to drive the execution and customer coordination of pre-GA activities (alpha & beta) and product end of life. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
Our Product Operations team exists to help scale and accelerate R&D, pulling operational levers to reduce friction and drive product managers to optimal outcomes. You are exceedingly comfortable with change and can operate through ambiguity. You are willing to learn and use systematic problem-solving tools and methods. You can link ideas and recommendations to the needs of colleagues and stakeholders to gain their support.
The Team: Our Platform Operations team organizes, coordinates, and executes on activities of a structured alpha/beta program and is typically focused on 1-2 programs at one time.
- Recruit customers and organize the release of product testing through various stages
- Assists with the rollout of new functionality to the customer base in any alpha, beta, and GA stage
- Coordinates the creation of the support plan and training for Client Org during the handoffs to GA
- Ensure that alpha and beta testing clients are the appropriate mix to adequately test functionality and determine widespread success
- Provide feedback and data from customers to the Product Managers on the product
- Communicate the status of products internally and externally
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in computer science, Business, or Product Design preferred
- Minimum 5 years overall professional experience, inclusive of 1 – 2 years of client communications, project management, or user research Qualification
- Experience with client communications in a B2B setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially with customers
- Strong understanding of healthcare / health IT environment a plus
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role will be based in Chennai, India. Our Global Headquarters is located in Watertown, MA, just a few miles from Boston. We have two other India locations in Bengaluru and Pune.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices – just to name a few.
athenahealth partners with hospitals and ambulatory customers to drive clinical and financial results. We offer medical record, revenue cycle, patient engagement, care coordination, and population health services. We combine insights from our network of more than 160,000 providers and approximately 117 million patients with deep industry knowledge and perform administrative work at scale. For more information, please visit http://www.athenahealth.com