Kodaikanal International School
Job Description :
Piano specialist to teach individual lessons and assist with ensembles (Gr 4-12 students) within the IB Middle Years and Diploma Programs.
Preferred Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Dindigul (or equivalent), M.Ed. desirable
- Teachers Certificate or Diploma from ABRSM / TCL or equivalent in the specialized instrument
- At least one year teaching experience in a multi-cultural or international context with students of different age groups desirable
- Preference will be given to applicants with the ability to play and teach an instrument apart from specialty area
- Dedicated to student learning
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player with ability to delegate and coordinate work
- Willing to work creatively with available materials/ resources
- Able to create and teach interdisciplinary lessons.
- Understand the developmental characteristics, differences in learning styles and intelligences and adapt lesson planning and teaching appropriately
- Capacity to support the goals and mission of KIS through his/her personal philosophy.
- Support KIS guiding principles
- Teach individual and classroom lessons, as integrated into regular classroom hours
- Teach up to 75% out of total instructional periods in a 5-day cycle.
- Preparation, marking, report writing and all other administration related to the teaching of the subject(s).
- Participate in departmental meetings, planning, in-service training activities and invigilation duties as required by the Head of Department or Coordinators.
- Be available to conference with students out of class.
- Promptly pass information to advisors, residential Parents and Coordinators when student’s attendance, academic performance or behaviour is praiseworthy or giving cause for concern.
- To be available for work on campus in good time to complete all necessary preparations and meetings before the start of the term.
- To hand-over all relevant material l to the HoD / Coordinator upon departure from KIS
- To respect the confidential nature of discussions at staff meetings and other contexts in which sensitive information is likely to be communicated – particularly in terms of interaction with students.
- Support residential life of the school by chaperoning activities, clubs, field trips, camp, long weekend field day etc., and being an advisor to a group of students.
- Fulfill other duties as required by the Head of department/Vice Principal/Principal