- To plan and organize the development of nursing services in the hospital.
- To ensure smooth functioning of all the nursing services in the Hospital
- To keep the administration and informed of all the activities and problems in relation to the care of patients.
- Recommend personnel and material requirement for nursing and various nursing service
- Departments of the hospital.
- Take regular rounds of the hospital.
- Accompany the Medical Director while making hospital rounds.
- Responsible for high standards of nursing care and behaviour towards all patients admitted in the hospital.
- To organize, direct and supervise day, evening and night nursing services for competent
- Nursing care.
- To continuously analyze and evaluate the nursing services.
- To counsel sub-ordinate staff.
- Investigate all complaints regarding nursing care and personnel, and submit a report to the Management.
- Initiate and encourage research in nursing services.
- Periodically interact with clinical heads to discuss problems in patient care.
- Assist in formulating policies concerning nursing services.
- To educate the supporting staff by programs conducting Continuing Nursing Education for the nursing staff of the hospital.
- To provide awareness regarding cleanliness as part of infection control.
- Promote harmonious relationships with physicians, departments, administration and volunteer organizations.
- To attend professional meetings as a representative of the nursing department.
- Will be responsible for any other duties assigned by the Management from time to time.
- The Nursing Superintendent should be on call and available 24/7.
Required Candidate profile
DGNM / B.Sc / Post.Bsc in Nursing