TITLE: EHS Manager
BUSINESS UNIT: Corporate Workplace Services
REPORTING TO: EHS Head
DIRECT REPORTS: Yes – IFM Site EHS lead / Executive
PREFERRED LOCATION: COCHIN/COIMBATORE/CHENNAI
The position is expected to provide leadership on EH&S matters for site team. The person is expected to lead, guide & implementation of facility / campus related focused programs on EH&S compliance’s.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To lead implementation of EH&S and compliance programs/ initiatives across the region
· Ensure EHS requirements are full implemented and complied with
· To lead and manage ISO 450001, ISO 14001 system requirements, sustain the system and support certification requirement
· Conduct Risk assessment and put controls
· Incident management
· Ensure frame work of training calendar and implementation across region
· Guide operations teams and management on any legislative change requirements to enable planning for continued legal compliance.
· Develop and implement process for tracking regulatory compliance’s across region
· Coordinate with Corporate Risk Manager for devising new programs and continuous improvement and front end audits from Risk Manager.
· Implementation of best practices program across all managed locations
· Sustainability reporting for EHS indicators.
SKILL SET REQUIRED:
· BE / B.Sc. with Degree in Environmental science or Environmental Engineering.
· Implementation knowledge on ISO 14001, ISO 450001.
· Working experience in Service Industry.
· Diploma in H&S
· Understanding of waste management, sewage treatment and water treatment plant operations
· Good understanding of EH&S related regulations.
· 8 to 12 yrs of experience in development, implementation and maintaining EH&S management / audit with leading IT/Consulting firms.
· Ability to multi-task and efficiently track implementation at remote locations through identified SPOC’s
· Program management skills.
· Able to work with multiple teams.
· Set examples for other Managers / leads
· Monitor personal performance measures and achieves results.
· Makes appropriate decisions and demonstrates sound judgment
· Actively pursues improvement opportunities and implementation
· Conducts open, constructive and collaborative relationship with Risk Manager and IFM partners and relevant stakeholders
· Good written and spoken communication skills
· Good coordination skills
· Listens effectively and communicates through actions and example
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
· Effective tracking of compliance to regulatory requirements across Pan India
· Effective incident information sharing with stakeholders to enable timely preventive actions
· Increased client satisfaction from EH&S service delivery.
· Enable ISO 14001, ISO 450001 certification across all facilities.
· Successful recertification of certified facilities.
· Collaboration with Risk manager for internal auditing team.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Oct 14 2020
About Cognizant : Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.