We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact. www.alstom.com
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world. www.alstom.com/India.
NETWORK & LINKS:
EXTERNAL – Freight forwarder/Customs House Agent/Customs/Suppliers/ Tax and other Legal authorities
INTERNAL – Coordination with Sourcing, Supply Chain, Finance, Treasury team, Central customs clearance team, Internal Tax and Insurance team and Banks.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Optimize QCD results and processes for Customs and other documentation facilities.
- Handling of import & export documentation according to customs regulations, laws/procedures.
- Understand the project requirement and advise appropriate Duty structure (Duty Draw Back, Advance License, Project Registration) to avail Customs duty benefit.
- Applying for tariff concessions or duty drawbacks and other refunds
- Classifying goods according to tariff coding system
- Identify potential risks in importing and exporting goods and guide team
- On time receipt and closure of Bank Guarantee
- On time receipt and closure of GR Waiver
- Attend queries from Customs and other authorities by co-ordinating with Indirect and Customs Tax Manager, CHAs, Freight forwarders and internal stake holders and ensure on time closure.
- Provide Document preparation guidance to inter-site and other suppliers.
- Responsible for the IEC registration in different Sea/Air Ports.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Engineer/Any Degree
- With 5 to 6 years’ experience in a manufacturing Organisation dealing with Imports/Exports documentation. Knowledge on International freight forwarding/Customs Law/GST/other legal requirements.
- IT Skills: SAP / MS Excel
- Ability to summarize and focus on the critical issues
- Good Communication skills
- Multi-cultural Management Teamwork
- Self-driven and courageous
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good numeracy skills, with ability to interpret accounts and make calculations
- Tactful and polite with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present information in a clear and logical way. Honest and fair in applying the rules
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- 1- 2 years’ experience in customs clearance and documentation
- Basic electrical & electronics equipment & components knowledge.
- Ability to deal quickly and effectively with a variety of topics
Location for the role – Coimbatore
Travel – No
At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More information about Alstom can be found at: http://www.alstom.com
Job Segment: ERP, Bank, Banking, Supply, Technology, Finance, Operations, Research