- ? Understand application specific resource configuration.
- ? Develop deployment plan (production, quality).
- Initiate the build for development.
- ? Define any deployment required as prebuild system.
- ? Plan for system maintenance strategy like monitoring, configure clean up activities.
- ? Identify tools and technologies to be used in the project as well as reusable objects that could be customized for the project.
- ? Provision, install and configure application environment for developers in on prem and cloud.
- ? Deploy latest patches, provided by vendors, in development environment to improve the stability of development system.
- Apply rapid deployment solution.
- ? Apply best practices and standard operating principles under guidance ? Create roles and profiles for application security based on the specifications approved in the design phase.
- ? Familiar with security setup like generating ssh keys.
- Review test results and provide technical inputs from a system administration perspective.
- Configuration, Deployment and Closure.
- ? Conduct activities related to system administration during configuration which are requested by clients.
- ? Create build for production system.
- ? Liaise with technical lead (development) and deploy applications in production system.
- Develop SOPs.
- ? Post final acceptance, create all documentation.
- ? Participate in handover to AVM team.
- ? Provide support for agreed number of overlap days.
- ? Provide any support required on defects identified.
- ? Develop SOPs for security procedures.
- ? Maintain all audit related requirements.
- Ongoing System Administration.
- ? Monitor production system KPIs (stability, performance, security) on a regular basis.
- ? Define alert systems and implement them.
- ? Automate regular administration tasks like provisioning and monitoring.
- ? Create back up and recovery plans.
- ? Monitor adherence of system maintenance activities.
- ? Support relevant teams in resolution of application performance problems.
- ? Monitor security audit log and take necessary actions.
- ? Support common database and compute node administration tasks.
- Knowledge Management.
- ? Update knowledge articles in the knowledge management repository.
- ? Maintain best versions of training documentation, installation and configuration documentation, security and application maintenance documentation.
- ? Maintain knowledge management database.
- Training and Recruitment / People Management.
- ? Provide assistance in selection of representative employee groups for training.
- ? Conduct training with the help of academy.
- ? Mentor team members in project teams with respect to technical skills on projects.
- ? Coordinate with the supervisor in understanding how administrators can better contribute to the project, seek feedback and address concerns ? Provide inputs during performance appraisal of administrators.
- Project Planning and Setup.
- ? Plan for hardware and the software requirements and submit it to supervisor for review.
- ? Assist customer in identifying hardware/software requirements.
? Set up system for evaluation during requirements stage(depending on the type of project:implementation/ support/ transformation)
- ? Conduct discussions with different stakeholders to finalize test objectives.
- Requirement Gathering and Analysis.
- ? Analyze and validate the system and infrastructure requirements.
- ? Determine the infrastructure required for application deployment.
- ? Conduct sizing based on the inputs during requirement gathering (hardware configuration).
- ? Identify any prerequisites and dependencies for application.
- ? Prepare a master list for installation.
- ? For PAAS, understand topology,sizing,storage and security.
- ? Support admin tasks required to connect PAAS products to onprem systems.
Must Have Skills
- SAP HANA Basis
- COTS Products(LS Mfg&SC)
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Oct 13 2020
About Cognizant : Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at http://www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.